I’m Ron Enderland, AKA the Bald Guy. I have over twenty years’ experience in all aspects of information technology, and I’m here to help you.
Services I Can Offer:
- Network installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- PC installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- Server installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- Software installation/configuration
- Backup scenario creation/implementation/testing
- WordPress website management
- Database administration/configuration/backup (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Data Recovery
- Office/small business network setup
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Website hosting
- Security auditing
- Desktop Linux installation/configuration/training
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Media server setup
Meet “the bald guy” – his words not mine. I’d probably say “meet the computer genius” – because that is how it felt to have his support recently.
FOR SALE: Six domain names excellent for NWA. $1000.00 for all.
- Stop Paying for Precious Ink - If you’re still using an inkjet printer, consider tossing it in favor of an inexpensive laser. Do you print photos? Let Walgreen’s or Target handle it for you. You’ll end up with better quality, and you’ll no longer be paying exorbitant amounts of money for ink. Lasers are incredibly economical.
- Back from the Flu…. - Been under the weather for a couple of weeks. Still working, but too wiped out to post daily tips. Windows 10: can you have too much virus protection? The answer is yes, but not if you limit yourself to one third-party vendor and allow Windows defender to also run. For example, AVG freeware is a...
- Your Best Choice Is Often Open Source - There are three types of software: proprietary, freeware, and open source. Proprietary costs you cash up front. Freeware is frequently accompanied by nagging ads that you can kill with money. But open source is 100% free software maintained by a community. Open source won’t nag you, and it will frequently be updated for security more...
- Get Remote Help! - Do you need remote help from a geek? TeamViewer might be the answer you’re looking for. It allows access to your computer from the internet, which means that your geeky friend in Australia might be able to help you find that lost file, as long as you don’t mind getting up at 4:00 AM. 😉
- Don’t Lose Your Photos - Digital photos must be backed up in multiple ways. You don’t want to lose a lifetime of memories because a hard drive fails. Burn CD’s and/or DVD’s. Back up to a flash. Back up offline. I’ve lost two Florida vacations because I didn’t back up enough. Learn from my mistake.