Services I Can Offer:
- Business maintenance plans starting at $50 a month, no long term commitments
- Network installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- PC installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- Server installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- Software installation/configuration
- Backup scenario creation/implementation/testing
- WordPress website management
- Database administration/configuration/backup (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Data Recovery
- Office/small business network setup
- Website hosting
- Security auditing
- Desktop Linux installation/configuration/training
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Media server setup
I’ve known Ron Enderland for many years. When he first started giving a baseline-knowledge-zero me computer lessons, I was using Windows 3.1 on a 486 computer. He has literally answered his phone every part of the day as I would call him with “Here’s what it’s doing. How do I get it to start/stop?” The depth of his knowledge and his patience are both amazing. He turned me onto Linux almost 20 years ago and has turned me into the local geek neighbors turn to when their machines (Linux, Windows, Mac) begin to hiccup. If he doesn’t know the answer, he will know where to look. I recommend him without reservation.
FOR SALE: Six domain names excellent for NWA. $200 each, $1000.00 for all:
- The Lifechanger - The lifechanger, quite obviously, was my first computer: a hand-built based on a 486SLC2/66 motherboard I obtained from a computer shop in Siloam Springs, Arkansas in December 1993. But a case could be made for my father-in-law’s Packard-Bell 386 he obtained a couple of months earlier. I spent ten or twenty hours playing around on...
- Printing Fix for Ubuntu 20.04 - Something really crappy happened to Ubuntu between 18.04 and 20.04. When I upgraded, I discovered that my printing was broken. Network printers were found, and they even worked for a while, but they soon broke, the computer unable to communicate with them. Here’s how I fixed it: Go to the CUPS admin interface in a...
- Robocopy Backup Routine for you Windows Sysadmins - This creates a total of 20 copies of c:\shared to d:\backup. I run it daily. d: cd backup rmdir /s /q dailynew20 rename dailynew19 dailynew20 rename dailynew18 dailynew19 rename dailynew17 dailynew18 rename dailynew16 dailynew17 rename dailynew15 dailynew16 rename dailynew14 dailynew15 rename dailynew13 dailynew14 rename dailynew12 dailynew13 rename dailynew11 dailynew12 rename dailynew10 dailynew11 rename dailynew9 dailynew10...
- Ransomware Is Your Biggest Nightmare - Ransomware, a hack that scrambles your files, rendering them useless until you cough up money to the extortionist, has gotten huge. The Garmin corporation, makers of GPS’s, actually shut down for several days while recovering from a ransomware attack. If these scumbags can bring a big company down, they can do the same to you....
- Thanks for the Reminder, Microsoft. You’re Still Evil. - Microsoft sent many of us to Apples and Linux computers in the early oughts. Bill Gates was no prize, as far as ruthless billionaire CEO’s go, but his fat pal Steve Ballmer pushed evil to new heights, presiding over the Vista fuster-cluck, and calling Linux a cancer. But since the new guy has taken over,...