I’m Ron Enderland, AKA the Bald Guy. I have over twenty years’ experience in all aspects of information technology, and I’m here to help you.
Services I Can Offer:
- Network installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- PC installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- Server installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- Software installation/configuration
- Backup scenario creation/implementation/testing
- WordPress website management
- Database administration/configuration/backup (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Data Recovery
- Office/small business network setup
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Website hosting
- Security auditing
- Desktop Linux installation/configuration/training
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Media server setup
I’ve known Ron Enderland for many years. When he first started giving a baseline-knowledge-zero me computer lessons, I was using Windows 3.1 on a 486 computer. He has literally answered his phone every part of the day as I would call him with “Here’s what it’s doing. How do I get it to start/stop?” The depth of his knowledge and his patience are both amazing. He turned me onto Linux almost 20 years ago and has turned me into the local geek neighbors turn to when their machines (Linux, Windows, Mac) begin to hiccup. If he doesn’t know the answer, he will know where to look. I recommend him without reservation.
FOR SALE: Six domain names excellent for NWA. $1000.00 for all.
- Chromebooks Get Great - Perhaps one of this year’s hottest gifts will be a touch-capable Chromebook that can run Android apps. The Samsung Chromebook Plus can either be a tablet or a laptop, depending on which is better at the moment. Plus, it’s screaming fast, unlike similarly priced computers struggling with the overhead of Windows. And Google’s wonderful policy...
- Stay Green-Locked - Remember to look for the green lock in the address bar of your web browser. It’s universal on all browsers that I know of, mobile or desktop. It means your connection is securely encrypted. This is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for transferring credit card info. It’s important for simply filling out online forms, as well. If the...
- Make Windows Run Faster - The best hidden switch in Windows: adjust your computer for best performance. It’s buried in the control panel on both Windows 7 and 10. The easiest way to get there is to hit Start on either system and type “performance” without the quotes. You can also get there in 7 by right-clicking on My Computer/Advanced...
- Thank You, Pioneers - We take the web and its applications for granted, but here’s to the pioneers who developed HTML and TCP/IP. These standards mean that you can visit, say, baldguyweb.com from an iPad, a smart phone, a Chromebook, a desktop computer, or even a smart watch, and the forms and utilities will all work. If it was...
- Should I Defrag? - Fragmented hard drives have long been performance hogs. If you’re running Windows, that is. But what about nowadays? The fact is that fragmentation isn’t the problem it once was. For one thing, solid-state drives have become popular, and they just don’t need it. In fact, you can mess them up by trying to defrag them....